Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Need some help.....

I'm applying for this scholarship I found on fastweb. It's for an organization called "World Bank International." You have to answer the following questions and write a 10pg paper:


1. How does climate change affect you, your country, town or local community? How do you think it will affect you in the future? Think about the consequences for employment, health, security and other areas of your life.

2. What can you do, working together with your peers, to address the problem of climate change in your country, town or local community? Think specifically about the role of youth-led initiatives in the ‘green economy’.


This is the first one I came across that I thought would be really cool to write about and research. Thus far I have only done research and have a basis for an idea of what I want to write about. This is such a broad subject it's hard to narrow it down. I was thinking of giving a little backround internationally, and bring down to the U.S. and then Nebraska, and then take it locally (focusing more on this). I don't want this to be an entirally factual essay. I don't know if anyone has ever read the book 'Ishmael' but I want to somehow tye this into it and ask more of a question of "how things came to be" and focus more on the social and physical aspects.

If anyone has any ideas for me or suggestions pleeeeeeease let me know! I need all the help I can get! I can also submit a photo or a video with it as well.

Don't be surprised if I ask you to pertake in a survery!

This is due Feb 22nd and is all I will be working on for the next couple weeks. There is a 1st prize ($3000), 2nd prize ($2000) and 3rd prize ($1000)PLUS A TRIP TO KOREA!!


Thanks!
peace and love

No comments: