Saturday, September 5, 2009

31st Annual Chicago Jazz Festival






Fareed Haque & The Flat Earth Ensemble


Crazy Masks!
 
St Charles High School 

Such a nice day.

Columbia College!


Esperanza Spalding.


So many people...GODDAMN!





These dude's were just jammin. That guy's playing 2 saxophones at once! There was a good 10-15 people standing listening to them, and then they stopped and started preaching about God and throwing Jesus in our faces and only 5 people, (including myself) were left standing. After awhile it just became repetitive and I had to walk away. 

Sadly because of work, I was only able to attend on Friday, but it was incredible. I felt so at peace. I met a photographer there who took some pictures of me. His name was Jerry Goldner and he's a wildlife photographer. He just kept telling me about how he was really stoned and that he's just been going around freelancing and said he basically gives his photographs away for free. He said to me, "It's such a reward to not get paid to do what you love, but to simply just love what you do." You can check out his work here.


Until next time....



1 comment:

Samantha said...

i really want to look like that black singer girl. she is sweet.