Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nothin but good vibes

The past couple weeks I was feeling very blue, and out of touch from everyone and everything. I started to question my motives, my desires, my ambition, and my over all strength as a person. 

Up until a few days ago, I decided to stop.
Stop worrying.
Stop questioning.
Stop being self concious.
Stop being another student sitting in a classroom and not saying anything,
and BE someone more. 

Everyday I go to class, It gets a little better. I learn a little more, and I slowly make my mark. 

I've decided that I'm not going to post a
ny of my photographs until the end of the semester, or maybe when I make my own website. 

Today in my Photo class we t
alked a lot about light, what it does for the photograph, the mood it gives off, and the texture it creates. We looked at this photographer by the name of Elinor Carucci. We took a look at her series of photographs titled, "Closer." This series was essentially just everyday life of her family, mostly her parents, her husband, and her sister. Some of them so simple, yet they seem to make you look at the simple things in life differently. I think it's extraodinary how close she is with her parents, and how they are willing to let her photograph these nude pictures of them and portray them as how she sees him. They almost make you step back and look at your own family, how similar, or how different it may be to hers.  





































You can check you her other work at http://www.elinorcarucci.com



On another note....
For my 2-D Design class we are starting on this outrageous project. Essentially we grabbed a box, and filled it with all kinds of arts and crafts, and random stuff he had for us, and we put it inside this box to create shape, and lines, and texture. WELL....this is literally a 24hr project. We are supposed to take and hour and half out of our day to sit down and draw this 3-D image, 2-dimensionally, on a 22x28 paper, WITH A PEN! This should be very interesting...
Photobucket



This is my totally absurd box that's going to be hard to draw. =/



Until next time kids.....


No comments: