Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sleepin in on a Sunday

This never happens. Usually I don't get to sleep in until Mondays, so today's kinda gloomy and humid, but I already know it's gunna be a good day. Finally get some alone time, and finally get the chance to sit down and get all my ideas together and get rollin. I haven't had the time to start on any of the projects I want to accomplish this summer. Now that I'm only working Sat nights at the bar that should leave Mon nights, Tuesday ALL DAY (really stoked about that) and Weds nights open.
My minds all over the place. I just need time to sit down and focus on what's important, and say fuck everything else. I can't wait to leave this place.

Most of the ideas I've been brainstorming are:
1. Self Portraits-
My teacher told me some positive things about the ones I already have and that I should really try to get into that more. I agree with him. For as long as I can remember, I've been taking pictures of myself more than anyone or anything. I don't really have a legit reason why, I just enjoy it. So I've come up with some different things I could do and portray that I think will be really awesome once they're done.
2. Polaroids-
We've done a couple since class started, and it was the coolest thing ever. I can literally peel off the emulsion and stick it on metal, bottles, paper, coffee cups, towels, almost anything. So I've been brainstorming some picture ideas for coffee cups, bottles, and glass cups. The best part is, I can do all of it at school. All I have to do is rent out a polaroid camera, buy some film, and BAM! I've been thinking about just investing in one, but I gotta wait till I get more money.
3. Pinholes-
This is probably the easiest out of all of them. All I need is a tin can, some light tight tape, positive paper, and a drill, and I got my pinhole camera. It takes longer to expose these but you can get some really interesting results.

I don't wanna give anything away yet...gotta keep all of you in suspense.
CUZ THATS HOW I ROLL!

=]

If anyone has some ideas, feel free to shoot them at me as well.

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Omaha Night Life has completely let me down. I sent them my schedule and they send me one back for all Sat nights except for one Friday. Why would you send me a schedule for all Sat's if I already told you I work Sat's at my other job? Doesn't make sense....So I told them to give me a call and let me know if there's other things available I can do.
No call. No email. No nothin.
It's been almost a week since then. I'm really bummed out, and really pissed off. I'm gunna have to be the one to call them and see what the fucks goin on.


Have a good day kidos!

p.s. check this out....www.xanga.com/peepelsuck
XANGA
came across this the other day...started reading it, and man....was I lame.
I got a good laugh out of it though.

No comments: