Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Art through the eyes of Thomas Edward Wharton III

I've known this dude since I was 14, had our share of ups and downs and different lifestlyes, but still kept in touch over the years. I got a chance to talk to him the other night and catch up, reminisce about the past, and share eachothers dreams. He's currently in Georgia, livin the dream, and doin what he loves to do, lookin in to studying in France next year. He's always been an artist ever since I've known him and I FINALLY got a chance to see his portfolio thus far. I was completely blown away. I know I will buy some of his work one day. It's always an amazing feeling to see such passion in someone and what they love to do. Check it out!







This represents an actual story in history (that I dont remember...sorry guys.) against good and evil.




Self portrait.




This is pretty self explanatory, symbolizing everything evil that comes from smoking cigarettes. He said he drew this after he quit smoking for a year.




The right side represents the angry and ignorant people of society and how the mother is afraid to change, that people pass down their ignorance from generation to generation (represents the closed eyes) and how the child is still innocent (eyes open).





He told me this was an abstract of my friend Cherron playing the bass, and how music can put you in a trance.




This one was described as a bad mushroom trip, of a guy sitting in his chair watching the tv.


These last four I didn't get a chance to ask him about, but they are amazing.




This one is BY FAR my favorite one. Look at those colors!!


Enjoy.

No comments: