Friday, April 18, 2008

Next Step: Digital & Tilt Shift

Photobucket

I want this camera really bad. It's a Canon Digital Rebel XSi EOS 450D DSLR camera.
I'm glad I have my 35mm camera, and got the chance to learn how to set the shutter and aperature speeds, develop film, and make my own prints, but going to digital would be so much easier. The cheapest price I found for this camera was 1,249.84 at Walmart. (It's brand new, so that could be why). I could always settle for something cheaper, but even so, it'll cost me atleast 500-600 for a decent digital.

Also, I want this lens.

Photobucket

This is a tilt shift lens. It allows you to correct for the effects of perspective, by shifting the lens. It's mostly used for architectural, or areal photography. Here are some example pictures of what it does.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pretty fuckin sweet huh?


We learned about a photographer on Wednesday by the name of Vincent Laforet. He actually came to Omaha last weekend, but my teacher forget to tell us about it. I was pissed. He was a photographer for the New York Times for a long time, and later became an areal photographer. You can see his work here ---> http://www.laforetvisuals.com/main.php
Seriously, he's amazing, check this out.


I'm going to start posting all of my images on photobucket. The website is here
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v231/kramekrame/
Click on Photography.

I uploaded some today from this week that I printed up. There's not a whole lot in the color one yet, (obviously) but check it out. I'll try to upload them as soon as I can, it just takes awhile. The ones you see now in the black and white album are for my line and architecture assignment. Our next assignment is place. We have to shoot places that mean something to us, or have a story behind them, or just places that we enjoy. I was going to do this today, but the damn rain...ugh. I was sure it was supposed to be sunny today too. There's always tomorrow I guess.

Check this shit out.


Enjoy.


And feel free to give me some feedback.

1 comment:

Kethro)))) said...

how are cats going to check your shit, when your shit is PRIVATE.


just a heads up.